Monday, October 27, 2014

Pattern Premiere: Beau's Ties!

If you follow Honey, Bunny, and Doll designs on Facebook, you would have noticed that I've posted a few sneak peeks of a pattern I've been working on this summer. Today I finally get to share Beau's Ties with you! I've been anxiously anticipating the final version being ready for publication so I can finally share this as a finished quilt!


I love classic quilt blocks and what I love even more is putting a new twist on a classic block!


Each block in this pattern is composed of one large bowtie and two smaller bowties nestled together! While it might look complicated, the basic skills needed for this block are as follows: half-square triangles, stitch and flip corners, and making four patches. If you're a confident beginner, this is a great option for you!

I made my quilt with fabrics from the Crazy Daisy line of fabric and used black Kona as the background fabric. The binding and backing are the same fabric also from the Crazy Daisy line. I quilted it with all over loop-de-loops in black thread.


This pattern can be found on Etsy! We can't wait to see YOUR versions of this quilt, so don't forget to share them on Craftsy and on the HBD Flickr group!


Direct link to pattern:

3 comments:

  1. what a beauty and love the colour combination great use of bow ties

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unique and beautiful! I love the fabrics you chose for this quilt. Congrats on another pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are really 'swoopy' the way you've put them together - I love them! Fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!