Monday, January 5, 2015

January Stash Bee Blocks -- for ME!

The new round of The Stash Bee has started and it is my month to be Queen Bee!

For my block, I asked everyone to make nested sawtooth star blocks. My inspiration comes mainly from this quilt:


I love the look of the nestled stars and the mix of large and small stars together.

For my color scheme, here are my inspiration "tiles" (taken from Paper Source):


Here's my original pull from my stash:


Here's two examples of 16.5" nestled star blocks:


And here's an example of four 8.5" stars sewn together into one 16.5" block:


Here's the two test blocks that I made: (I have fabric for one more block cut out that isn't finished yet -- I will update this when I finish it!)

#stashbee #hive1 January nested sawtooth star block! I can't wait to see the blocks my hivemates make!

A few people have already made their stars! You can see them here, here, and here! I am very excited to see the rest of them and to start getting them in the mail! 


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!